Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Current work

I have been working on a gourmand solid inspired by the thought of morning coffee as I was sniffing the remains of some coffee essential oil.  Not an easy aromatic to work with.  My thoughts immediately shifted to mocha, and adding some cocoa absolute, and then, just a hint of clove to sharpen and shape.  I loved it although the clove has been a little strong, the cocoa absolute, not quite smelling like the chocolate I had hoped for, and actually a little peanut-buttery in with the coffee.

My thoughts have shifted to ginger, and also possibly a simple single-note, coffee solid.  I am now curious to poll for peoples' thoughts on wearing their coffee :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been considering developing a coffee fragrance as well. A successful coffee perfume would be such a pleasure!

    Like your ideas of cocoa & clove...it's probably all in the balance of proportions. Are you diluting it yet? Maybe it needs much more cocoa? Or a touch of vanilla to soften it... Would love to smell your experiments. And to try my hand at ideas, too.

    ~ Cynthe

    (a natural perfumers Yahoo group newbie)
    www.EssentialOilsForHealing.com/weblog

    ReplyDelete